The perfect Neapolitan pizza dough - nothing less than that! The perfect base for a fantastic, classic pizza!
Servings: 3 - 4
Prep time: 260 minutes
Cook time: 1 minute
Makes 3x 330g dough balls or 4x 225g dough balls.
- 600g Tipo 00 flour
- 20g salt
- 5g dry yeast
- 375ml cold water
- 30g olive oil
- Dissolve the yeast in the water. Add oil and flour.
- Knead the dough at maximum speed setting until it begins to collapse down the side of the bowl. Takes approx. 8-12 minutes.
- Add salt and knead the dough for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Put the dough in a container with a bit of olive oil and leave it in the refrigerator overnight (or 2-3 hours at room temperature).
- Divide the dough into portions of 225g and shape it into round balls.
- Put the dough in a lubricated container with a lid and then leave it to rise at room temperature for about an hour.
- Now the dough is ready to be rolled out and baked in the pizza oven.