This amazing pizza sauce provides the perfect basis for your favorite pizzas. This might be your 'forever sauce'!
Prep time 1 minute
Cook time 20 minutes
- 2 cans of chopped tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 chili
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 dl white wine
- 1 tsp. cane sugar
- 2 tbsp. dark balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. tomato puré
- 2 sprig of thyme
- 2 sprig of oregano
- Finely chop the onion, garlic and chili and sauté them together with the thyme and oregano in some olive oil.
- Add white wine and let it reduce until around 1/4 remains.
- Add the tomato pur e and chopped tomatoes and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add salt, sugar and balsamic vinegar (and pepper, if you like) to your tastes and let it simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Blend the tomato sauce with a stick blender until the sauce has the correct consistency.